As the bomb blast on the morning of October 13, five IMC
emergency doctors arrived in Bali and deployed at Sanglah
hospital and Ngurah Rai Airport to do triage and stabilized
for evacuated injured victim to Australia.
Mental health counseling for expatriate who living in Bali
initiated by expatriate psychiatrist (Dr. Len Lambeth) at
BIMC Clinic. Another 7 expatriates attended 12 patients for
problem of depression and anxieties. By our psychiatrist nurse
(Gareth W.) with similar problem mental for victim, Indonesia
and volunteer our national psychiatrist (Dr. Robert R) has
conducted 5 counseling session.
An information service line has been set up with 2 telephone
lines at out office (Jl. Noja 106, Denpasar) to answer calling
for our assistant.
- IMC is coordinating with government of Indonesia/Dinas
Kesehatan (Dr. Molin), Director of Sanglah Hospital, Crisis
Center of Udayana University, in implementation of our program.
- IMC is sponsoring the Bali Recovery Group NGO Meeting
that scheduled every month.
- Through the week of October 2, IMC doctors continued
to assist in the Sanglah Hospital. IMC also provide emergency
medicine and supplies including outoclave (sterilization
equipment) for burn unit in the hospital.
- IMC provided logistic support and staff in collaboration
with Ausaid to assist DinKes and POM for inventory and storage
- As the request from Surgical Department, at Sanglah hospital,
IMC deployed a hand plastic surgeon from California children
hospital (Dr. Bill Holmes) to work with the doctors in caring
for the burn victim. He conducted 6 plastic surgery and
- On this period we counseling session still continue. Some
five expatriates visited dr. Len Lambeth at BIMC for follow
up the end of this month Michael Romeo (Psychologist replace
him) to continue counseling for expatriate.
- Our medical screening for 20 volunteers whom working
at Morgue Medical Doctor conducting. This patient referred
by Dr. Robert R. from Wangaya Hospital.
- Several planning for media campaign have been developed.
- Advertisement for free counseling service posted at Bali
- Radio add at two local radio stations are announcing
for two weeks.
- We are working together with YKIP for puppet show campaign.
- We had a meeting with Prof. Suryani, head of Psychiatric
Department of Udayana University. We discussed current issues
affecting the local Balinese. We agreed to work closely
on media campaign such TV, Radio and brochure.
- We agreement with our 3 national psychiatrists (Dr. Denny
Tong, Dr. Robert R, Dr. Made Nyandra) to standby at IMC
office 4 days a week at afternoon, to ahndle caller from
- During this month our Psyciatric team more busy because
many of the victim come for counseling by their selves or
referred by Bali Hati.
Total numbers of 21 patients come for counseling post trauma
disorder (PTSD) problem and they will be follow up every
After a week part of their mental status have become normal.
- Four session of support group therapy for the victim
have been held. This therapy is one of mass therapy for
healing process beside medicines. The group facilitate by
our psychiatrist counselor.
- On media campaign we now posted billboard at Kuta areas
to aware the community of post trauma stress problem.
- There are some incoming caller from the information line.
- Our social worker who had been trained by the psychiatrist
handle this calling for further assistance.